JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Remington TAC-14 with detachable magazine. Guaranteed to make those who abhor Individual American Liberty fill their BVDs...

Tac-14 DM.JPG

Probably ought to have a shotgun, a pistol and a rifle. But I'm not going to waste a choice on a shotgun, though I believe it to be a great home defense weapon and I no longer bird hunt. Gotta have a single action revolver, a Ruger most likely and a Blackhawk at that. I have the convertible model that has the 9mm cylinder. So you can do 9, 38 and 357. A Sig in 40, very lethal and reliable. And a new Nosler in 28 Nosler.

As a newbie to all of this, I love that you all have stated what guns you'd like, but can you let me in on the why...the wisdom of your choices?

Thank you.
My three, not in order of importance:
Glock 19
AR 15
Ruger 10/22

Glock 19 due to the easy manual of arms and the sheer number of them. (Easy to get parts & Accessories)
Ruger 10/22 for largely the same reason and cheap to shoot & light to pack
AR15 same as above, also easy to repair, clean and ample ammo available

Ruger Mark IV

Love the feel of the 1911 and the power of the .45 for self defense. The Mark IV is a great design and very well suited for Steel Challenge Matches in the Rimfire divisions.

I love the 870 for wing shooting and for trap.

There are so many really nice wheppins out there for just about every purpose, that it's a tough row to hoe to pick just three. Now that it's nearly five years since the last post, maybe our opinions have changed. For me, I'll confess to wanting a well-assembled AR-type-- something like a Daniel Defense. My handgun would be a Kimber Stainless II in .45ACP. My shotgun would be a Stoeger Coach Gun in 12-gauge. Only two shots, but quite persuasive against someone who might need me to change his mind as to why he's behaving so badly in my near-proximity...

Last Edited:
Not stainless but it is my Kimber.
Not my go to 1911 too
1000001045.jpg
I also find it hard to try to pick only 3. It's like saying you can only have 3 sets of clothes or only 3 things to eat.
So my last 3 would be:
S&W trr8 an 8 round 357 revolver
Henry big boy in 357
And the Ruger no. 1 that's chambered in 7mm STW.

First two are good all around for the ranch and the Shooting Times Westerner is able to reach out farther than I can see in the 60x scope. Love my 308 but that STW....whew!

Glock 19 due to the easy manual of arms and the sheer number of them. (Easy to get parts & Accessories)
Ruger 10/22 for largely the same reason and cheap to shoot & light to pack
AR15 same as above, also easy to repair, clean and ample ammo available
First I picked .357 magnum for all 3, as I have a Lyman Tong Tool and can reload this cartridge. I figure I do not plan to be engaging anyone beyond 100-150 yards so a scoped Marlin 1894 C will do me just fine. If there are a bunch of threats, then I am dead meat no matter what I got. The scoped Desert Eagle, with 10" barrel, will substitute for the Marlin and be easier to carry. The J Frame is for 'Just in case". I figure if it gets down to this situation, it is 'End of the World' time in my world.

My 3 primary guns are a pistol - currently 45 shield, shotgun - mossberg 500 and a Savage 111 in 7mm mag. I think the categories are more important than the guns I've got in each one. I would happily trade the shield for a nice S&W 3" in 357, the 500 for a saiga or benelli or some other nicer semi auto shotgun, the savage for an AR platform probably 308 but maybe even just a 5.56 as I don't hunt anymore anyway.

Back Top