JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I recently purchased a Noveske 6arc. This thing is a wicked round in my opinion. This is about as close as it gets to a do everything gun. 0-1200y no problems. I love it so much I now want a bolt gun in 6 arc. I for a long time gave up on the AR platform as I loved my bolt action 308 and 6.5creed. For distance. I want to hear others opinions on 6arc and if they were impressed as I was. I would also like to hear if you were disappointed. On a side note I do no hunting at all and only shoot metal or desert junk. Build list below.

Noveske N4 upper, lower, charging handle, gas adjustment, bcg.
Proof research 18 stainless barrel.
Eotech vudu mil tremor 3
Spuhr mount
Offset holosun
CMMG trigger
Black collar grip
Area 419 match brake and full arca rail.
Warne elite arca bipod

IMG_2616.jpeg IMG_2617.jpeg

I really like the 6mm ARC. I've got it in a Savage bolt gun and it's stupid accurate. All 3 Hornaday loads shoot into about a half inch. Banging steel is a breeze at out to 550 yards.
RTL
I agree my 6ARC gasser is putting them on steel at my local range. We have 220Y, 550Y and 760Y. To me it almost feels like a real like cheat code. I would not be surprised if 6arc becomes the new 223. I know there are others dasher, Bt, and about 50 more. I am hoping since the military uses then it will stick around. Everyone I let shoot mine instantly loves it and starts looking for one. I want a bolt gun and have MDT ESS chassis for Howa and grayboe chassis for remi 700. I am thinking about just buying an action

Wow, beautiful gun!

I haven't shot 6ARC yet, but it's on the to-do list :D
Just fair warning, it's addicting and it will make you want one. I originally only wanted the optics package on the gun (eotech vudu 5x25, spurh mount, 2 levels, offset holosun) for my 6.5c. Once I started researching the 6ARC I knew I wanted the whole gun. To me it's a 0-1200y gun and the closest I have seen to a do everything gun. When you start researching do yourself a favor and don't start comparing the other 50 variants of 6mm. This may differ if you reload. I once told myself I would never dive into the exotic rounds but here we are. 6ARC has 2 manufacturers making ammo now and I see that growing as this caliber is huge in the comp world and in predator hunting. I posted on fb and a guy was using for deer and his comments to me were "at 200/220y it liquified the insides". I am not a hunter so I don't know exactly what that means but it made me happy that at 200/220 (2 different deer) it instantly dropped them and if I had to use I could with knockdown power on 4 legs or 2 legs (maybe a Bigfoot).

I agree my 6ARC gasser is putting them on steel at my local range. We have 220Y, 550Y and 760Y. To me it almost feels like a real like cheat code. I would not be surprised if 6arc becomes the new 223. I know there are others dasher, Bt, and about 50 more. I am hoping since the military uses then it will stick around. Everyone I let shoot mine instantly loves it and starts looking for one. I want a bolt gun and have MDT ESS chassis for Howa and grayboe chassis for remi 700. I am thinking about just buying an action
If that MDT chassis will fit the mini action that'd make it a great fun gun.
RTL

Any opinions on the 6 ARC as compared against the 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm kinda locked-in on the Creedmoor because I have 100 primed cases and about a dozen applicable powders. Have a hundred Hornady 143-grain ELD-X bullets, too. I chose the Creed in Spring 2020 when I ordered my TL3 action from Zermatt Arms. The Creed seemed to be the hot round at the time, so I went for it. My desire is to hit a one-gallon milk jug from 1200 yards and if it will send the bullet that far, out to 1600 yards. I moved to Nevada from Virgina entirely so that I could shoot at such distances. IMMMpossible in Virgina. Been here twenty years come late September, and have never regretted it...

Any opinions on the 6 ARC as compared against the 6.5 Creedmoor? I'm kinda locked-in on the Creedmoor because I have 100 primed cases and about a dozen applicable powders. Have a hundred Hornady 143-grain ELD-X bullets, too. I chose the Creed in Spring 2020 when I ordered my TL3 action from Zermatt Arms. The Creed seemed to be the hot round at the time, so I went for it. My desire is to hit a one-gallon milk jug from 1200 yards and if it will send the bullet that far, out to 1600 yards. I moved to Nevada from Virgina entirely so that I could shoot at such distances. IMMMpossible in Virgina. Been here twenty years come late September, and have never regretted it...
I am currently looking for an action for my MDT ESS chassis in 6arc. I have 6.5c in there now and they are night and day with accuracy and follow up shots. I have a feeling the 6arc is going to be huge. There is a YouTube channel called mountains, mullets, merica. Those vids convinced me of 6arc. This guy was banging metal at 1200y with ease. There are a couple of vids showing 14.5" vs 18" also 6arc vs 308. I don't see how the 6arc will not just explode in popularity. My opinion is that it's a do everything round!

I have a Tikka T3 in .30-06; bought it a bunch of years ago and I doubt I've shot it even a dozen times. What's your opinion regarding installing a 6mm barrel and necking-down .30-06 cases? I have no idea as to what is the powder capacity of the 6ARC, but I'm sure the .30-06 case necked to fit 6mm bullets is (estimating) twenty-five percent greater than the case volume of (I assume) the .308Win cases used under the 6ARC loading. Converting the .30-06 to 6ARC might be a way to save a ton of money and get a rifle that can really send one way, way downrange.

I have a Tikka T3 in .30-06; bought it a bunch of years ago and I doubt I've shot it even a dozen times. What's your opinion regarding installing a 6mm barrel and necking-down .30-06 cases? I have no idea as to what is the powder capacity of the 6ARC, but I'm sure the .30-06 case necked to fit 6mm bullets is (estimating) twenty-five percent greater than the case volume of (I assume) the .308Win cases used under the 6ARC loading. Converting the .30-06 to 6ARC might be a way to save a ton of money and get a rifle that can really send one way, way downrange.
Sounds logical to me. I think the 6arc is a 6.5g made more aerodynamic (necked down). I will admit that I don't know much about gunsmithing or reloading. I just can't bring myself to get into reloading. Right now I shoot the 108 hornaday and they are good enough for what I do with it. I am not the right person to ask about these things

I just can't bring myself to get into reloading. . .
You will once you decide you want greater control over the precision of the ammo you shoot. Commercial ammo is mass-produced and has tolerances as to how accurate is the powder charge dropped into each case; could be as large as one or two grains. You can get your tolerance down to one-tenth of a grain and really know exactly what is the recipe to get those shots on bull at 1200 yards. Once you have amassed a bunch of cases, you'll not have to go to where you buy your ammo and see that your favorite load by your favorite maker is no longer available. Lastly, there's a bit of intrinsic satisfaction in knowing you reloaded the ammo that just helped you put together that eye-popping group from so far, far away...

You will once you decide you want greater control over the precision of the ammo you shoot. Commercial ammo is mass-produced and has tolerances as to how accurate is the powder charge dropped into each case; could be as large as one or two grains. You can get your tolerance down to one-tenth of a grain and really know exactly what is the recipe to get those shots on bull at 1200 yards. Once you have amassed a bunch of cases, you'll not have to go to where you buy your ammo and see that your favorite load by your favorite maker is no longer available. Lastly, there's a bit of intrinsic satisfaction in knowing you reloaded the ammo that just helped you put together that eye-popping group from so far, far away...
I appreciate all of that. Apparently my wife says she likes spending time with me. I can either shoot or reload I don't think I have time for that. I really enjoy shooting and I am not sure I want a part time job. I was talking to a guy at the range today and he said he reloads all winter to shoot all summer. That makes a lot of sense to me. I think there is a line in having fun to part time job. Kestrel, place to reload, powder, primer, and the list goes on for a mile and half. To my surprise this guy said it's not much of a savings when time is added in. This guy is retired and reloads everything from 338L to 223.

I'm kinda locked-in on the Creedmoor because I have 100 primed cases and about a dozen applicable powders. Have a hundred Hornady 143-grain ELD-X bullets, too. I chose the Creed in Spring 2020 when I ordered my TL3 action from Zermatt Arms. . .
As testament as to how intellectually-vacant I am, I completely forgot I own a Thompson-Center Encore. A new 6.5mm Creedmoor barrel for it would be considerably less expensive than will be the construction of a new rifle. I've already got $1600-some in the new one: The action and an S2Delta ambidextrous chassis. A new T/C barrel would also be less expensive than would be a new barrel installed into my 'aught-6 Tikka T3. I am beginning to understand where was my head when I began with the Zermatt action and the S2Delta chassis...

As testament as to how intellectually-vacant I am, I completely forgot I own a Thompson-Center Encore. A new 6.5mm Creedmoor barrel for it would be considerably less expensive than will be the construction of a new rifle. I've already got $1600-some in the new one: The action and an S2Delta ambidextrous chassis. A new T/C barrel would also be less expensive than would be a new barrel installed into my 'aught-6 Tikka T3. I am beginning to understand where was my head when I began with the Zermatt action and the S2Delta chassis...
There is nothing wrong with 6.5 at all. I love the round. It's the only thing I have that could meet my end of the year goal of a mile. I think 6arc and 308 would make it but hit with the power of a power puff girl. We will see though

Back Top