JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My Learning Experience With Guns
By Dylan R.N. Crabb

Ten years ago, I would not have imagined myself buying a gun. I was born in southern California and grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, it was not a "pro-gun" environment to say the least. My first time operating a firearm was this year, at age 33, a part of my extensive research I conducted for two news articles I wrote this year. Now I own two guns so this year has been somewhat transformative for me.

(Read More)
https://crabbtalk.wordpress.com/2024/05/28/my-learning-experience-with-guns/

Dylan With a Shotgun.jpg

My Learning Experience With Guns
By Dylan R.N. Crabb

Ten years ago, I would not have imagined myself buying a gun. I was born in southern California and grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles, it was not a "pro-gun" environment to say the least. My first time operating a firearm was this year, at age 33, a part of my extensive research I conducted for two news articles I wrote this year. Now I own two guns so this year has been somewhat transformative for me.

(Read More)
https://crabbtalk.wordpress.com/2024/05/28/my-learning-experience-with-guns/

View attachment 24868
Yes, I also appreciate your writing. While I do not and should not care if my law abiding neighbors own or don't own guns the idea that disarming them and myself makes me safer is accepted leftist dogma and permeates mostly metropolitan areas of New Mexico, just like it does with urbanites across the Country.
My State House rep came by a week ago, trying to win my vote and appease my vocal opposition to gun control measures. She finally said she was against more gun regulations except for banning "those thirty round magazines". I asked her if 29 or 20 or 15 round magazines were acceptable alternatives and specifically what capacity is an acceptable number and quickly learned she has no idea what a "magazine" actually is. Instead, she parrots and votes the Party Line.

I grew up learning how to shoot guns from my dad. I did not own a gun for almost 30 years until I purchased a handgun for home protection and a shotgun for sport at a clay target center. I am grateful to my dad for teaching me how to handle guns safely.

You should now treat it with a nice dose of AR15.
Yes. I'll keep the actual number a secret, but I own "several and several."

My late computer guru was a hard-core libturd who was solidly behind a serial liar from Arkansas and an unnamed Kenyan Marxist from Chicago. We were so politically-opposite that we quit talking to each other for eight months. For reasons I do not recall, I asked him to come shooting with me. Not too many seconds after he fired his first round out of my Springfield Armory M1911 in .45ACP, he was hooked. He eventually bought a bunch of handguns (he preferred big-bore revolvers), became a reloader and became a solid conservative. He died about a year ago, and I really miss him.

Yes. I'll keep the actual number a secret, but I own "several and several."

My late computer guru was a hard-core libturd who was solidly behind a serial liar from Arkansas and an unnamed Kenyan Marxist from Chicago. We were so politically-opposite that we quit talking to each other for eight months. For reasons I do not recall, I asked him to come shooting with me. Not too many seconds after he fired his first round out of my Springfield Armory M1911 in .45ACP, he was hooked. He eventually bought a bunch of handguns (he preferred big-bore revolvers), became a reloader and became a solid conservative. He died about a year ago, and I really miss him.
I'm starting to think that much of the opposition to guns is because of fear and ignorance. My mother is that way. My whole childhood she told me to "stay away from guns" and she has expressed anger at my new hobby.

I hope my mother and I can take some gun safety courses together one day but I won't be holding my breath for it.

The amount of firearms one owns really only comes into play if arming a militia.
The quality of a firearm is much more important to me.
New shooters will either be terrified or excited on their first trigger pull and a smooth shooting weapon will be greater in peaking their interest in continuing than a heavy trigger pull, inaccurate, hard recoiling piece will.

Back Top